Fingerprint or the biometric attendance management system has made life hassle-free for the HR department in most organizations. Undoubtedly, this high-tech automatic method of maintaining attendance is precise, fast, and eliminates all unnecessary hassles associated with the manual attendance register.
We all agree that the manual system was quite annoying and exasperating. This is because manual record-keeping requires dedicated monitoring to ensure that all employees have signed in and then signed out. Plus, the chances of irregularities, spamming and indulging in unethical behaviours are some of the other issues that make the manual attendance system quite unreliable.
Compared to this, the automated fingerprint attendance system enables accurate record keeping of employees and workers coming into the office and moving out. One of the biggest advantages of this system is that it removes all chances of fraudulent activities because there is no way anymore for employees to tamper with the digital records.
It is because of the systematic process of recording and maintenance of the records by the fingerprint scanning system, that employees take care that they are punctual and on time. They are aware that they cannot change the timing anymore in the digital method. Some of the advantages of this system include:
- Precise record keeping of the entry time of workers as well as exit times.
- No more manual calculations or any other issues that are related to manual attendance system.
- The system is an automated method of calculating holidays, over times, leaves and other such HR-related issues that impact the overall salary computations.
- The exact time that a worker spends on the shopping floor or in the office can be calculated with precision. This is again a big help to the Accounts and the HR department.
- It removes all the negative aspects of fraud associated with the manual system. Erroneous data, inconsistent data, false data, duplicate data and also such issues are handled with accuracy.
- Digital data recorded on the automated system is secured – once saved on the server, there is no way that an outsider or an unauthorized person can gain access to the data and meddle it.